Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blogging Drought and a Birthday Present

I haven't blogged here in a while but then I'm not sure anyone really noticed!  I'm not even sure anyone actually reads this other than me.  I haven't gotten to many things finished as of late.  I can't seem to figure out how to balance crafty/sewing time and taking care of all the other things that need to get done.

I did get one project done before the holidays rolled around.  My niece celebrated her 12th birthday, so I created a hand carved stamp with her first initial.  I learned about stamp carving while I was studying calligraphy several years ago.  It's not terribly hard to do, just take your time and pay careful attention to the details. For letters make sure you do them backwards, so that when they are used the print the right way.  I got completely done before I realized my mistake, but it was easily corrected and the second one came out even better.


 

The other handmade part of her gift was a blank book that I put together. The covers were left over from another project several years ago but they were perfect for this project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...