Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Greek Cross and Mosaic

  
The block is called a Greek Cross.  After I finished it up for the Summer Sampler Series I wasn't so sure about my choice to only use fabric from my Olive Rose fat quarters.  It just seems a bit busy.  I might go back and re-do this one at the end once I've seen how the rest of my blocks turn out.


This block is called Mosaic and when I started pulling fabrics out of the stack I was certain that I needed a solid.  Most of the prints in this line are larger scale and there just wasn't anything small enough to work as the background.  So I dug around in my stash and found a yard of Bella Ivory.  It's seems to work really well this the colors in the prints.


Here is all 3 together.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...