Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hearts A Flutter - The Splendid Sampler

My little block made it into the collage shared on the Moda Fabrics blog!

 
 So I'm sure by now, that if you are into quilting you've heard of The Splendid Sampler quilt a long being lead by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson.  Its been kind of hard not too..it's everywhere!  The Facebook group has over 14,000 members and lots of people are sharing on Instagram as well.  

I didn't plan to participate, as I have enough projects started and not finished around here.  But Sunday evening, while my husband was working on homework for school, I wanted a quick sew.  I knew that the first block pattern had been released, so I dug through my scrap bins and got to work.  This block was quick, from start to finish it probably only took about 15 minutes to make.  

I don't know if I'll make all 100 blocks in the quilt a long.  Or just the ones that I like best.  The only thing I am planning to do is use scraps and fill in with stash fabrics as needed to make the the blocks.  I'm not putting any pressure on myself...it's just for fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...