Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Fat Eighth Fruitcake Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop

Somehow I lost track of what day it was and forgot to get this post up for you!  This is the Fat Quarter Shop's newest Shortcut Quilt pattern....Fat Eighth Fruitcake.  You can find the pattern over on their post from yesterday.  For my quilt I used a fat eight bundle of Midnight Garden by One Canoe Two for Moda.  I love these colors!

 

I used this Quarter Cut ruler to speed up the cutting process.  Accuracy was an added bonus!



This quilt can definitely be chain pieced and here's a look a how I sped up the trimming process. 


First I line up the stitch lines and then use a long ruler to cut a 1/4" seam allowance. I was able to cut to trim 4 blocks at once.



Don't forget to take a look at all the other beautiful quilts that were made with this pattern!

2 comments:

  1. I love your layout! It makes the pattern much more interesting! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This type of color transition layout was one I've been wanting to try and the colors worked out perfect for it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...