Pages

Friday, April 5, 2019

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block



Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials are well written and you get to make cute quilt blocks.  This one is call Union Square.  I used the stripes from Daysail again, just like in my previous V&C block.  I think I'll eventually put all these block together into some kind of sampler quilt and the stripes will make them feel cohesive.

When I was getting ready to make this block I knew I wanted the center to have the strips running diagonally. That freed me from having to worry about everything running in the same direction.  I just cut the pieces I needed and started sewing.  As quilters, we sometimes get a bit scared to use those directional prints in our stash.  But I think my finished block show that its okay to go a different way.

If you like to make your own block check out Fat Quarter Shop's blog post for the pattern.  Or watch their video on YouTube.  Don't forget to use the hashtag #UnionSquareQuilt on Instagram to share your block!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...