Friday, May 21, 2010

Aurelia's Quilt

 I've had such a hard time deciding what I wanted to share in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, a quilt I made or a pair of quilts that lives in my house.  Until recently I didn't really consider myself a quilter, since I've only made 3 in my life.  I like to sew but quilting is a new thing.  So I finally decided to share the quilt I just finished.  It is currently all boxed up waiting for my next trip to the post office, where I will mail it off to one of my best friend's little girl.
 

 

 I had originally intended to make the pinwheels just a light and dark of the same color but after making the blocks I thought it be more fun if they were mixed up a little bit so.... 
I got some help!



Thanks Amy for all the hard work you are doing and giving us all a place to share.










17 comments:

  1. Cute!! Love the colors! And I love your little helper. I have 3 little "helpers" myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! And so is the baby :).

    Katy
    http://katyquilts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice quilt congratulations to you and to your helper

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty quilt Heather. I've never made a pinwheel quilt. I'll have to give it a try.

    vail in tn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little helper there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful quilt work !
    Helping wonderful baby !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the bright, happiness of your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt, and a beautiful little helper you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful. i love the color combo you used

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uber-licious quilt! Love pinwheels. Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. Beautiful fabrics and colors. I do love pinwheels and yours is fabulous.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your helper did a terrific job of sorting those colourful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love pinwheels. You have done a great job making this lovely quilt which is sure to be snuggled (a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  14. at first i thought the name of the quilt was aurelia--seemed appropriate for where you live!! and the colors seemed apt also. a lovely quilt, and a cute story with your little darling helping so much. pretty and well made

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your sweet comments! I do hope that this little quilt gets a lot of love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the colors you chose. The dark sashing really makes the pinwheels pop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I heard from my friend whose daughter I made it for and she was completely thrilled to receive it and put it to use!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...