Monday, March 28, 2011

Benefit of a flight cancellation

As I got closer to the end of the week, I just didn't think it was going to happen.  We were suppose to fly out of Kodiak on Saturday and I actually left the house without completing my quilt top.  But due to a system wide computer problem at Alaska Airlines our departure was delayed by
 a day.  So I got my quilt top done! I followed the Sweet Pea pattern from Simplify by Camille Roskelly and I used 2 Frolic Charm packs.

 

As a bonus I got this bag done this week too!  It's the Margaret bag by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson!

7 comments:

  1. I love this bag! I looked on Oh Fransson's website and didn't see the pattern anywhere. Have you had it a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, colourful quilt! Well done! Will you add a border or bind it as is? I like it 'as is' but it's not my quilt. :- ) I love everything about the bag, from the fabric, to the gorgeous scandinavian-looking button!

    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goal, both your quilt and handbag are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing.. There is a bright side of a delay every once in awhile! Hope you took your bag with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you were busy. That had to be frustrating about your flight, but you did a good job of making it work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped over from Amy's Creative Side...great finishes!!! LOVE them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your compliments! I have been using my bag this week and it was great during the flights!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...