Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Greek Cross and Mosaic

  
The block is called a Greek Cross.  After I finished it up for the Summer Sampler Series I wasn't so sure about my choice to only use fabric from my Olive Rose fat quarters.  It just seems a bit busy.  I might go back and re-do this one at the end once I've seen how the rest of my blocks turn out.


This block is called Mosaic and when I started pulling fabrics out of the stack I was certain that I needed a solid.  Most of the prints in this line are larger scale and there just wasn't anything small enough to work as the background.  So I dug around in my stash and found a yard of Bella Ivory.  It's seems to work really well this the colors in the prints.


Here is all 3 together.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...