Monday, August 1, 2011

All Caught Up

My husband is stationed aboard a buoy tender here in Kodiak.  He arrived home last Sunday and was here briefly (less than 48 hours).  Because it is important that we spend time as a family when he is around, I got a bit behind.  I finished the last one of these on Saturday evening and am feeling good about starting the last week of the quilt along all caught up!

I decide that I really wanted to try making the string star block, but man was it time consuming.  I did each triangle individually because I didn't want them to match.


I am happy with my Lucky Pieces block.  I could do HST's all day long.


My Minnesota block can out about 1 1/2  inches smaller than it should have but I really love the colors and the way the pink stands out in the center!  I'll add a border around it once I've got the last 3 done this next week and I know what color I need more of in the finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...