Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Clothes for the Kids

I have done a lot of sewing in the past month but I have done a terrible job sharing all my projects.  Several of the most recent projects have been for my kids.  My daughter is almost 3 and wants to do everything her big brother does all while wearing a dress.  So I made her a dress and a skirt that can easier be worn with her rain boot while she jumps in puddle.  The first one was made for a pair of jeans that I cut off just below the pockets, after that I just cut two strips of fabric the full width of the fabric and gathered them to fit around the jeans.

This jumper is made from a denim fabric that has flowers embroidered on it.  Super simple and made it in about an hour.


This circle skirt was her Easter outfit and is reversible.

*Edit: I used this tutorial to make the skirt.*


As you can see she has a lot of fun with it.

 

It can be challenging to come up with projects for a 6 year old boy but I appliqued the letters on to this shirt for him to wear on St. Patrick's day.





2 comments:

  1. Love the circle skirt! I must make one for my busy 3 year old. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can find the like to the instructions I used. They made figuring out the waist circle so much easier!

      Delete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Cobblestone Stone Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop

The team over at the Fat Quarter Shop is at it again!  This time with another quilt in their Shortcut Quilt series.  The newest pattern, ...