Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

This week's finishes




I've been wanting to make this notebook cover since the pattern and labels arrived a long time ago.  Not exactly sure what took me so long.  I started it when my 3 year old when down for her nap yesterday and was all but finished when I woke her up to get her brother from school.

I used more 2 1/2 inch Terrain squares for the cover and put my label on the inside rather than on the cover.  I figured 2012 would be over all too soon and this way I could remember when I made it but not feel like it was only for 2012.
 

My only addition to the pattern was a little velco strap keep the notebook shut and hold my pen.

 

I also finished up the embroidered hexies for my fall table topper.  The pattern is in the newest Quilts and More magazine.

 

I just finished this one this morning.  It's another Buttercup Bag from Made By Rae's great tutorial. You can see my first one here. She's got a great new dress pattern out that I really want to make for myself but way too many other things need to get done first.


The outside is made of a heavy weight twill that use to cover my dining room chairs.  The interior is a fat quarter from an older Valori Well's line called Sole.  I've had it in my stash for a couple of years.  It feels good to use it.  This is going to be my winter purse since winters here are very wet and slushy.

 

I'm linking up at Sew & Tell.

2 comments:

  1. Great projects! Just love the lining of your bag. And the embroidered hexies and notebook are adorable. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really great! I especially love... all of it! The velcro strap/pen holder. The hexies. The way the inside of the bag really pops! Wow! Excellent finishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...