Friday, September 21, 2012

This week's finishes




I've been wanting to make this notebook cover since the pattern and labels arrived a long time ago.  Not exactly sure what took me so long.  I started it when my 3 year old when down for her nap yesterday and was all but finished when I woke her up to get her brother from school.

I used more 2 1/2 inch Terrain squares for the cover and put my label on the inside rather than on the cover.  I figured 2012 would be over all too soon and this way I could remember when I made it but not feel like it was only for 2012.
 

My only addition to the pattern was a little velco strap keep the notebook shut and hold my pen.

 

I also finished up the embroidered hexies for my fall table topper.  The pattern is in the newest Quilts and More magazine.

 

I just finished this one this morning.  It's another Buttercup Bag from Made By Rae's great tutorial. You can see my first one here. She's got a great new dress pattern out that I really want to make for myself but way too many other things need to get done first.


The outside is made of a heavy weight twill that use to cover my dining room chairs.  The interior is a fat quarter from an older Valori Well's line called Sole.  I've had it in my stash for a couple of years.  It feels good to use it.  This is going to be my winter purse since winters here are very wet and slushy.

 

I'm linking up at Sew & Tell.

2 comments:

  1. Great projects! Just love the lining of your bag. And the embroidered hexies and notebook are adorable. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really great! I especially love... all of it! The velcro strap/pen holder. The hexies. The way the inside of the bag really pops! Wow! Excellent finishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Cobblestone Stone Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop

The team over at the Fat Quarter Shop is at it again!  This time with another quilt in their Shortcut Quilt series.  The newest pattern, ...