Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013

Here we are 12 days in to the New Year and I'm finally writing this post.  I hope you all had wonderful holiday celebrations and that you are looking forward to what this year has in store for all of us.  This year didn't start exactly as I had imagined but I'm happier now that I was at this time last year.  I'll admit that I am happy to see 2012 go.  It was a rough year for me, I struggled with depression, anxiety, and stress during the first months.  Some of  it was seasonal and some was due to my husband being a way much longer than originally planned.  Sewing definitely helped me through that time.  I participated in a couple of swaps and it gave me something to look forward too. During my reflections on last year I realized I am much more capable than I thought.  If I could do it over with what I know now I'd probably be much better off.  I have never set resolutions...knowing that most people don't keep them made it seem silly.  I have decided to set some goals for myself though...

Sewing Room Goals for 2013:
Make twin sized quilts for both kids ~ I've got all the fabric for both tops
Finish WIP's ~ I've got several tops that are ready for backing, quilting and binding.
Sew more clothes ~  I'd love to have some things that are different than what everyone else can get.
Use stash fabric before buying more ~ I have been cleaning and organizing my sewing room since I switched spaces with my kids.  There's a lot more here than I thought.
Become more confident when sewing with my Serger ~ I bought it with birthday money last June and it's been sitting since then waiting patiently for me.

Trying to get the hang of this!
I figured out my tension issues!
Yes!
I'm using my Kona Charm Swap squares!


Personal Goals for 2013:
Read ~ I've had the same stack of books next to my bed for over a year.
Exercise and lose 10 lbs ~ I'm officially pre-baby weight already but I'd love to be where I was at when my husband and I started dating almost 14 years ago.
Do more camping/fishing/hiking ~ Now that Miss A is so fiercely independent (and almost 4) these are all so much easier.
Practice Calligraphy ~ I took classes for several year but while my children were smaller open bottles of black ink just wasn't a good idea.

If you follow me on Instagram...I haven't been there in a couple of days.  The Ipod I had been using decided to quit working.  I'll have to use my real camera for a while and will post on my Flickr account or here on the blog. 

First of many fabric buckets! Thanks @filminthefridge for the tut!
I've got several more cut and waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...