Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quilty Box and a Rock Candy Quilt top

Quilty Box is a new subscription based box of goodies that is mailed once a month! The first box was sent in October and the best part is that it isn't just fabric, it had a great variety of fun, new quilting items. Everything contained in this first box would allow you to make a complete project. 

 All this awesomeness in my #octoberquiltybox. Thanks @quiltybox  for having such a great idea!
This box came with a Rock Candy quilt pattern and Sidekick ruler from Jaybird Quilts, a bundle of fat eighths of from the new Minimalista fabric, a couple of spools of aurifil thread, some needles as well as a few other goodies.

Almost immediately I wanted to try the pattern and ruler! I searched my stash and found a stack of charms from Andover fabrics. They aren't my style but will be perfect for my Mother in law!
Putting my new #sidekickruler to work making a #rockcandyquilt for  a Christmas present.  Thank you #octoberquiltybox !

This is a fast little project.  The cutting and sewing instructions are crystal clear and I think that if you are working with out distractions (ie: very talkative 4 year old girl) the top could easily be completed in under 2 hours!
Rock Candy Quilt Top

I have the back pieced together from the remaining squares and I've started a second quilt top that will be for my mother. 

Cutting more diamonds with my #sidekickruler !

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! You really did just jump in and get it done' I really like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny! Its a super fun pattern and I'm trying rally hard not to add to WIP pile.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...