Friday, August 29, 2014

Spring Dreams

When my daughter was about a year and half old I saw a quilt In the winter addition of Quilts and More that used a Dream On jellyroll and I loved it.  So I bought the jelly roll, 2.5 yards to use as part of the backing and tore the pattern out of the magazine...that's as far as I got.  Fast forward to 2014 and I still hadn't done anything with it.  Since then all these other great fabrics had come out and I had changed my plan for my daughter's twin sized quilt.  I decided it was time to get this fabric off the shelf! 

So when I say Fat Quarter Shop's newest short cut pattern a couple of weeks ago I pulled out the jelly roll and started cutting...

I think its time to break it open!

By the end of the day it it had transformed...

Progress

My #jellyrolljam2 top is done! Seriously my fastest quilt top finish ever! My son says it looks like Spring. #wipwednesday #wip #hobjellyrolljam2
And the next day top was done! I was tempted to fold it up and set it aside so I could work on something else but with my son's encouragement, I got it basted. When I realized that I might be able to have it done quickly, I challenged myself to try getting it all quilted by the time my husband returned home from his week away for work. I manged to get all but about a 6 inches strip done  before he walked through the door.

As I've mentioned before my machine doesn't handle FMQ very well and I don't have much practice. My machine does have dual feed system and so I did wavy lines across the whole thing. 

DSC_0309
 DSC_0320
 Hanging in the sun

DSC_0324

My son said this quilt looks like spring, so I'm calling it the Spring Dreams quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Cobblestone Stone Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop

The team over at the Fat Quarter Shop is at it again!  This time with another quilt in their Shortcut Quilt series.  The newest pattern, ...