Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Simple Sampler Quilt - My Spring 2015 BQF entry


 
So, it seems fitting that this quilt would make its debut during Blogger's Quilt Festival . The blocks were made during the summer of 2010 when Amy hosted her Simple Sampler Quilt Along.  I was a brand new quilter and they were a great way to gain confidence and practice the basic block piecing.  The blocks were some of my first post on this blog.  After the blocks were made and the top was pieced together, it sat for a long time.  I didn't have backing for it or the confidence to quilt it.  I don't enjoy free motion quilting on my machine and I couldn't seem to come up with any ideas for all over straight-ish line quilting.  Once I decided that each block was going to be different I had lots of fun coming up with ideas. I used a varigated 50 wt Aurifil that has red, yellow, navy and aqua in all the blocks and a gray that matched the sashing. 

 

 
 
 
 

 
I bought this great zigzag print from Fabric Depot around Christmas time and it works perfectly with all the colors in the blocks.


Quilt Stats:
Fabric: Various Batiks and Kona Medium Gray
Pieced by me in 2010
Basted and Quilted by me in 2015
Measures 54 3/4 inches square

Entered in the Small Quilt catagory of  Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2015

1 comment:

  1. Great quilt! I'm an old time quilter, but have never done a batik quilt, but your batiks unify the variety of blocks in your sampler quilt wonderfully. A marvelous job for a new quilter! The different quilting in each block is perfect since all the blocks are different too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...