The finishing directions were posted by Fat Quarter Shop in July and I really thought I was going to be able to actually get this one done on time.
I got all my smaller blocks set on point and things were looking good. I decided to give all my blocks are really good pressing since several had gotten a bit wrinkly over the last few months. Once they were all pressed...reality hit. My big blocks aren't all the same size, most are close and I'll be able to work around the differences but one is significantly smaller than the rest. I admit that I felt a defeated. I thought I'd been so careful with my cutting and piecing. So I put it all away and went on vacation. When we got back I pulled it all out again and shared this post on Instagram.
Getting away and clearing my head, let me change my mindset and I've got a plan to get this top done. I have enough fabric left to remake this block, being very careful to get it the right size. Once the top is ready, I think I want to send it off to be longarm quilted.