Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Catching up

Voting has opened at Fluffy Sheep Quilting for the custom Kona bundles.  You can vote for 3 mixed bundles and 1 each in the warm or cool catagories.  There are some really pretty combinations in the contest that are great inspiration.
  

Granny quilts are so popular right now.  I love the way they use up scraps and how colorful they are.  I haven't made any blocks yet but I'm going to join in the Great Granny Along being hosted by Lori and Jodi.  I love the idea of 4 rounds because of the generations they represent.  I was lucky enough to have wonderful relationships with 3 of my Great grandmother and my children are lucky enough to know 2 of theirs as well.  There are already some beauty block popping up in the Flickr group.

acreativepursuit.blogspot.com
 Last week a great friend retired from the Coast Guard.  As part of his retirement my husband and the other chiefs on the boat purchased and put together a shadow box to display his accomplishments while in the Coast Guard.  My husband asked me to do a little calligraphy so they could include a list of the units he had served at.  Although my calligraphy skills are quite rusty, I loved being able to pull out my pens and ink again.  It took several tries before I was happy enough with the results to let them put it in the frame but it was worth all the work to see it done and in the case with everything else.

acreativepursuit.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...