Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Signal Flags


Alright, here it is!  My Signal Flags quilt is finished and being used as we speak!

 Quilt top

I managed to finish this up a couple of days before Christmas.  It meant a lot to me to make this for for my husband and I'll admit I was a bit nervous about his reaction but he was thrilled...don't tell him I told you but he actually got a little teary over it!  As our children get older it's been harder for him to be away so much.  My thought in creating this quilt for him was that he'd be able to take a bit of home with him.  I added outlines of our hand prints in the quilting. The signal flags spell out our last name.

Hands

Mariner's Compass
Signal Flag bingingSignal Flags

Details:
All of the solids are Kona and the Anchors are from Out to Sea by Sarah Jane
Size: Approximately 42" x 80" (to fit an odd sized bed)
Backed with flannel and has no batting

I've written about this quilt here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...