Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP - Halloween Costumes Edition

So, I guess it's been a while!

It's not that there hasn't been sewing or creating going on...I'm just lazy about pulling out the good camera. Phone pictures are great for Instagram, I'm just not a fan of using them on the blog because the quality just isn't great.

We did have a lot of visitors after my last post, my hubby's best friend came for a week and then my in-laws were here.  We spent a lot of time showing them around and fishing.

The kids and I have settled into our routines now that they have been in school for a couple of months.

For the last few days I've been working on Halloween costumes. My son has been telling me since last Halloween that he wanted to be Luke Skywalker, however his sister kept changing her mind.  I finally convinced the her to be Twilight Sparkle after finding lavender fleece and flannel in my stash.  I'm pretty sure I picked it up when our Walmart closed out their fabric section a couple of years ago.  A quick Pinterest search for tutorials, a dash to Walmart for some yarn and a brown flat bed sheet and we were in business!  

I used this great tutorial to make my son's Jedi robe!  Although it doesn't look like much on the hanger, it went together quick and I had it done in time for him to wear to his cub scout Halloween bowling party on Sunday evening.  I also tea dyed a long sleeve white shirt to give it dusty, worn look for him to wear underneath.

For the Twilight Sparkle costume I got my inspiration from this tutorial by Jess at Craftiness is not Optional.
I had this in my box of patterns and is working out great to create the costume.  Pinterest came to the rescue again when it was time to make Twilight's horn.  All that's left for this costume is to create Twilight's cutie mark and finish sewing on her horn.

 
If the weather is good this weekend I hope to get pictures of the kids all dressed up and I'll make sure to post them so you can see how well they turned out. 

*Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the kids in your costumes. Sounds like you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...