Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Simply Mini Swap

So, a couple of weeks ago I shared my Mermaid Mini....well that was actually the second mini that I made with a mermaid.  The first was made for the Simply Mini Swap back in October 2015.  Based on my partner's preferences I created an ocean themed mini.  I created the ocean and coastline with the same curved cutting technique.

 
Then I sketched out the details that I wanted to include.  The scale of the details are much small to create the ocean scene.  I backed all the piece with fusible webbing and ironed them in place after I got them arranged in a way that I liked. 

I happened to have a Day Sail charm pack by Bonnie and Camille out on my sewing table when I was creating this mini and the little sail boats were perfect for this mini.  I used several of the other prints to help with the details of the lighthouse and mermaid's tail.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...