Friday, July 23, 2010

Week 5 Quilt Along Blocks

Thank you all for your sweet comments! I am having lots of fun working with these batiks.  When I bought them I had no idea what I was going to use them for but this seems to be the perfect project for them.

Here is my log cabin block from last week that I complete took apart and did over again. 

 

Here is my 6 grid chain block, a couple of the seams are off a bit but not very noticeable. And this is my hour glass block...I figured out a trick to doing the hour glasses.  Instead of cutting all the triangles, I sewed up two squares like I was going to make a half square triangle and then cut it diagonally both ways.


 And last, but certainly not least is all 10 together. I really like how they are turning out and can't wait to have them all together.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Batiks, I have yet to make a quilt with them but i love to stare at them in the fabric store when i go! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...