Friday, May 31, 2013

Yay for a scrappy finish!

It feels so good to be able to share a finished projects!

My scrappy trip pillows are finally done and they definitely liven up my bed!

scrappy pillows

I started these way back in January after seeing tons of these blocks pop on Instagram.  I initially resisted the urge to join the informal quilt along that started because I already had tons of projects going on but eventually I gave in.  I'm glad I did.  They were fun to make and I smile when I see them on my bed.


scrappy pillows

I made a 12 blocks and sewed them up in to sets of 6 for each pillow. I used some spare bed pillows to stuff them and this great navy print from Robert Kaufman fabrics.


scrappy pillows

If you are looking for a quick way to use 2.5 inch strips I would definitely recommend the Scappy Trip tutorial.

I've linked up with Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely colours you have in these pillows!. I have been cutting 2.5 inch strips this afternoon, so maybe a scrappy trip could be on the menu soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really do add a pop to the bed, they're great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Mini Charm Chocolates with Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter shop is at it again!  They just released another project in their Shortcut Quilts pattern line.  This time the pattern uses ...