Saturday, July 29, 2017

Hello again...

I realize that things have been really quiet around here but that doesn't mean I have been making.  Quite the opposite in fact!  I have made a lot (and shared on instagram) but when it came to sharing it here I kept putting it off and then I felt like I couldn't share because the projects were old news.  But I have decided to go back and share the things I've made...the mini quilts for swaps, the market sewing, the quilts for my kids, the clothes...because this place is a record for me, where I have more details about my projects than you can find in a small square picture.

So, without further procrastination here is the first of several post to share what has been made.

This past spring I had the opportunity to meet Amy Sinibaldi.  She and her family had recently relocated to Virginia and I had reached out to welcome them because I know what it's like to move across country and begin the process of getting settled in a new community.  I was honored when she asked me to sew up a couple of knit garments for her Quilt Market booth.   Amy created Art Gallery's first holiday line, which you can see more of in the Little Town Lookbook.

Since I was working with knits and I knew it was a holiday inspired line, I looked for patterns that I could imagine a my daughter wearing while opening Christmas presents. I found a pattern for some super simple leggings on SheCanSew.com.  The pink pair are a size 4 and with only one pattern piece they were a breeze to put to. The blue pair with the cute little faces are a size 2 that had to be shortened a bit due to limited fabric, so I added ribbed knit cuffs for a bit of detail. 



 
This top is made from the a tutorial that Jess of Craftiness is Not Optional did several years ago.  It's the Scrunch Top.  It's super cute and looks totally comfortable, I might need to figure out how to make it adult sized.  I love the cuff detail and the shirring at the waist.


I'm not sure how I found this cute peplum top but it is also a free pattern that can be found on Sewmuchado.com.  I made a 12-18 month size which is a free pattern but Abby the patterns designer does have some adorable paid patterns including a similar peplum in larger sizes.


Thanks for reading along.  I'll be back in a couple of days with a post about a  mermaid mini quilt I made recently.

2 comments:

  1. Those are super cute and look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art Gallery's knits are super soft! I got some yardage now that it's available and will definitely be making some things for my daughter and I.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Cobblestone Stone Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop

The team over at the Fat Quarter Shop is at it again!  This time with another quilt in their Shortcut Quilt series.  The newest pattern, ...