Pages

Friday, October 6, 2017

Cobblestone Stone Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop


The team over at the Fat Quarter Shop is at it again!  This time with another quilt in their Shortcut Quilt series.  The newest pattern, the Cobblestone quilt, is fat quarter friendly and a great way to show off your favorite prints. 


When it came time to choose what fabric I wanted to use, there was no question for me.  I knew it had to be Sweetwater's Hometown Christmas line.  To say I'm a fan of their designs would be a bit of an understatement.  Of the finished quilts in my house 3 are made from fabric they've designed, including one from their other Christmas line.  One of the things I enjoy about the way they design is the input they get from our quilting community.


The quilt comes together quickly and leaves hardly any scraps.  My quilt finished at about 63" x 80"  and is going to a great size for my whole family to snuggle under this winter.

 

I did simple straight line quilting to start with and I'm planning to go back and add some hand quilting in 12 wt. thread.  Not exactly sure but I'm thinking maybe some snowflakes or little trees. I love this binding fabric.  It finished the quilt off perfectly.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...