Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Intentional (My word for 2018)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/155374255878421164/
Hello 2018!  I hope that the new year finds you well.  For me a new year means reflection on the past, goal setting for the future and living actively in the present.  Personally (as well as globally) 2017 was a fairly chaotic year.  My husband's deployment at the beginning of last year, then a slew of house projects, my children's increased independence and my return to the work force (part time) this fall changed my routines and left me feeling a bit adrift.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AZLWTL87CzQMPz33Fk4HSK-rbDY3jC23oQNQ_dipR9_6vzuIgYGBqEs/
So as most of us do, I have spent the last few days think about what I was for this year.  I have never been big on resolutions but I have decided that I want to be more intentional.
 
When you look up the definition you intentional you find...
 
in·ten·tion·al
inˈten(t)SH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: intentional
 on purpose; deliberate.
  *synonyms:deliberate, calculated, conscious, intended, planned, meant, studied, knowing, willful, purposeful

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/155374255878420955/


 To live more intentionally I need to break habits and set some goals.  To accomplish these goals I'm making lists and put them where I can see them.  That includes listing them here to try having some accountability especially on the sewing and crafting ones.
 
Goals:
1. Finish multiple UFO projects. I'm using American Patchwork and Quilting UFO challenge to keep me on track.  A few of these only require quilting and binding!
 
2. Make and wear more handmade garments.  I've created a "make 9" list to keep me focused. I'll be writing another post about the specifics of that next week.
 
3. Be fiscally responsible and eliminate some debt.  I mean that's the whole reason I got a job to start with.  I am being deliberate about putting money in savings to pay debt and treating it like a bill.
 
4. Work on my mental and physical health.  I am getting back in the habit of daily yoga using Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube.  She's an incredibly supportive and encouraging teacher.  She's got a 30 day program that just began called True and it's been great so far.   Yoga helps me feel more settled and calm my overactive mind.
 
5. Read more.  I "shopped" my bookshelf and have pulled a stack of unread books.  I'm make a list and have a doable goal of 1 a month.  You can find me on Goodreads if you want. 
 
6. Use time wisely, so I can be more present for my family.  On my days off I am going to better utilize the time I have to myself at home for sewing and crafting projects.  When my children and husband are home I am going to try to be more present in what they are doing.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/155374255878421148/

I'd love to know what are your goals and resolutions for 2018 are?  Do you have any tips on how do you stay on track?  Don't forget to check back for a post next week about my list of garments I want to make this year.  AND I have a post coming soon for the first blocks of the Clementine Quilt Along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...