Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Flying Geese Straight Furrows - A Classic & Vintage Block

 
Hi Everybody!  Just posting a quick block for the Fat Quarter Shop's newest Classic & Vintage series.  This one is called Flying Geese Straight Furrows.  It's a pretty straight forward block of half square triangles and larger squares.  I love doing these blocks because they are a great introduction to more traditional blocks done in fun ways. For my block I used all stash fabric, the stripes are from Daysail by Bonnie and Camille and the white is Kona.

You can download the free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop's blog post and don't forget to check out the video tutorial. The pattern calls for Triangles on a Roll but if you don't have any on hand you can do the HSTs the traditional way.  Another option would be to pop on over to the Freshly Pieced pattern shop and buy Lee's Perfect HSTs *.  I love that they come with multiple sizes and that I can print only what I need.


Don't forget to take a look at the block that they other makers shared and use the hashtag #WildGeeseStraightFurrowsQuilt on Instagram to share what you make.

*Disclaimer - I purchased this on my own and share it because I love it.  I am no way affiliated with Freshly Pieced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...