Friday, April 1, 2016

Dot Party Finish - a Q1 Finish

I joined the Finish-a-Long to help keep myself focused and accountable this year.  My first finish was my Dot Party quilt.  I can't find any record of when I actually started this quilt but I do know that I basted it together in January of 2015.
 The fabric was a layer cake called Oz by Momo and it't long out of print.  I'm almost positive that I bought it from Natalia of Piece'n'Quilt back when she still had a small online shop.  She was actually one of the first bloggers I ever followed.

The back of this quilt might actually be my favorite.  I love how all the colors stand out against the black and the improv nature of it.


Although a bit washed out, I think this picture shows off the quilting and variegated thread pretty well.

The finished quilt measures about 45" square. You can find my original list of projects I wanted to finish here.

3 comments:

  1. Yippee! A beautiful finish. It feels good to cross something off the list, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love the multi-color! Thanks for joining the FAL on behalf of the FAL hosting team!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Lady of the Lake Quilt Block with Fat Quarter Shop

The Lady of the Lake block is the newest Fat Quarter Shop tutorial and pattern in their "Classic and Vintage Series".   This bloc...