Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Embroidery


A couple of weeks ago, I read an interview with John Adams on the Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber blog. In the interview he mentioned an embroidery stitch along and I decided to take a look.  I recently completed a little embroidery project designed by Mollie at Wild Olive.  I had been wanting to learn and practice more, so I thought it would be fun to join the stitch along.  The directions this month were to pick a fabric with a pattern on it and threads to coordinate.  I'm not going to get mine project finished this month because I am waiting for a trip home in a couple of weeks to pick up a couple more colors for my project but it has been great fun to see it come together.  I am new to embroidery and this has been a great way to practice with out have to come up with my own pattern or colors.  All I have to do is follow the shapes and pick the kinds of stitches I use.






1 comment:

  1. so pretty! you probably already know this but, the rookery has all the DMC colors. pretty good selection. just stocked up on a bunch of colors myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...