Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Snow

Can we talk about snow for a minute?


I live in Alaska, so it's kind of a given that you're going to get snow at some point and generally, I like it.  But if you asked me today...I'd tell you that I hate it. My husband left on the 2nd of  January and we have since had record amounts of snow.  The weather almanac for yesterday say that we've had 43.6 inches of snow this month...normal is 12.1 inches.  With the exception of one time, I have have shoveled all of those inches off my rather long, slick driveway all by myself.

Needless to say, I'm ready for my husband to be home again and some nicer weather.

The only benefit to cold, snowy weather is the abundance of time spent indoors.  I have been able to work on my unending piles of projects.  Including this little paper pieced block and a pillow. 


I've also got my swap items done, but I'm not going to share them yet because I want them to be a surprise for Janet.  Now, if only I could get out of my driveway....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...