Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Changes


Like most, we are preparing for back to school.  My oldest will be in third grade and starts tomorrow.  We met his teacher today and I feel positive about the up coming year.  The little one will be in Kindergarten, starting next week! (Ack, where has the time gone?)  She is very excited and we will be meeting her teacher tomorrow.  For the first time in 8+ years I will be left to my own device for most of the day.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about it!  I keep thinking about all the things that I will be able to get done...how clean the house will stay during the day, how much uninterrupted crafting time I will have, how much purging and de-cluttering I will be able to do....and the silence! I'm not sure how I feel about the silence...


Besides both kids being in school this year, we will also be preparing to move next summer.  The Coast Guard has let us stay in Kodiak for the last 7 year and it has been truly wonderful but it's time to move on.  Hopefully someplace closer to family!  This fall we will begin looking at lists of locations open to someone in my husband's position and decide which ones we are interested in.  After that we wait until they decide which they want to send us to. 

With more free time during my day, I hope to finish up all of my WIP's.  Undoubtedly I will start new things along the way but it would be so nice to move with everything finished.  I'm also hoping to spend more time doing some of my other creative pursuits.  I spent several years before having my kids studying Calligraphy but recently haven't spent much practicing because it's just too easy for one of them to run through and knock over the ink bottle or for them to spill something on the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate your support. I try to reply to every comment here in the comments.

Union Square - A Classic & Vintage Block

Welcome back everyone!  I'm excited to share another Vintage & Classic block with from Fat Quarter Shop.  Their tutorials...